Are you looking for something fun to do this weekend? Family friendly? Out on the town? Here are a few different fun and exciting things you and your family can do in Marshalltown:
- Head on over to the Orpheum Theater Center to watch the movie, Pete’s Dragon (2016). These are the adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliot, who just so happens to be a dragon. Children (12 and under), and seniors are $4.00 and Adults are $5.50.
- The musical “Footloose” is coming to Marshalltown High School!! The musical is based on the 1984 hit movie. It centers on the ban of dancing and rock music in the small town of Bomont and the teenage rebellion that followed the ban. This is such a fun musical that everyone will enjoy! Friday, November 11, 2016 7:00 PM at the MHS/Community Auditorium.
- If you’re not a fan of Footloose you can head on over to the Orpheum for some Blues & BBQ! Blue Dog, a four-piece band from Iowa City, will provide dinner music! Food & drink provided by the Down Home Cooking & BBQ Company. Consisting of the Chicago-style combination of drums, guitar, bass, and harmonica. Tickets are $25.
- If you missed the movie Pete’s Dragon at the Orpheum, you can catch it Saturday November 12th at 4:00 PM & 7:00 PM.
- Or if you decided to listen to some Blues & BBQ Friday night and missed the musical “Footloose” you can still see it at 7:00 PM in the MHS/Community Auditorium.
- Maybe you want to skip the movies and musical and listen to Royce Wolf, of Grinnell perform works by Mendelssohn, Ives, Rzewski, and Mozart. Wolf, a professor at Grinnell College will present his third piano concert at Hope United Methodist Church, 7:00 PM – 8:15 PM.
- Something neat to watch or maybe even participate in would be Blacksmithing. Sunday at 8:30 AM there is an actual working forge open to anyone interested in blacksmithing. This is the second Sunday of the month; March-December 2016. This is located at Matthew Edel Blacksmith Shop, 214 1st Street in Haverhill.
- Or how about some late afternoon Pickleball? 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, 20 West State Street in Marshalltown. There are 3 courts available and the cost is $2.00/hour per player. Reserve your play time by calling Parks and Recreation (641) 754-5715. Drop-Ins accepted as courts are available. For some more information on Pickleball, CHECK HERE.